Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pray for Granny


My Granny was admitted to the hospital last night. She's fighting her second round with breast cancer. Please pray for two specific things:

1. For her comfort and health--Of course, we want her to be healed, although we know physically this is unlikely. But we also want to ask that she gets relief from the pain.

2. That she might be willing to come spend some time in Edmond--This is a biggie. She really could use someone with her around the clock at this point, and my mom is in a great position to do that. For a variety of reasons, it would be much more difficult if my mom has to go to Porter. But we're prepared to set up a special living space for my Granny downstairs at my parents' house, and she has lots of friends and family here that could be a huge boost of fun & encouragement. But Porter is home, and might be a tough sell. Please pray that she'll consider spending some time at my mom's house over the next couple of weeks.

On a lighter note, the kids and I are getting ready to head up to Tulsa to visit her today. My kids want to "pack up" for every place we go, which essentially means they're going to cram as many toys as possible into their tiny little backpacks, baby diaper bags, etc. Then scatter toys around the car and leave them until Mom cleans them out or engages in a whiny battle to have them do the clean up. So they're "packing up" this morning, and I break the news that they won't be able to take all that into the hospital with them. They can each take one bag inside with us. Corben's random reply: "You know what else they won't let you take into the hospital?...Donkeys." Yes, Son. You're right. They are not going to let you take donkeys into the hospital.

7 comments:

Gena said...

I love those kids. Thank you so much for the clothes and chili recipe. I can't wait to try it out (the recipe, that is.) Be careful today!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Will do!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Praying

Aubrey said...

That is so hard! I'm so sorry, Sada! We'll be praying for peace and comfort for Granny and your family!

Damon and Amy said...

Sada, We will be praying for you and your sweet granny.

vivian said...

What kind of hospital is that it anyway that you have your sweet little grandmother in?? No donkeys!
Praying for both of those things......it's hard stuff.
Jane

Mandy said...

She's one of my favorite people! I'll be praying for her. It would be great to have her in Edmond!