Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Elephant in the Room

I've been avoiding my blog.

The simple reason is that I felt weird not writing about the most significant event/fact/change in my life, but I wasn't really ready to get it out there either. But it's really happening. And after a few weeks of praying, re-thinking/re-planning the next several months, and window shopping for cute baby stuff (since I don't own any anymore), I'm ready to announce the impending arrival of Baby #3.
I'm at the end of my first trimester, I think. Kerri Tindle took this picture this weekend of the rapidly growing baby bump. Not kidding, at around the 9-week mark, I was unbuttoning my pants to sit comfortably while driving! Hopefully, we can nail down a due date with an ultrasound at my next appointment. I'm looking forward to hearing the baby's heartbeat soon too. Never thought I'd be walking this road again. I find myself laughing with God's sense of humor, dumbfounded by His plan, and relaxing in the Father's faithfulness all at the same time.

15 comments:

Kelli said...

Congratulations! A change for sure but exciting!

Lisa said...

YAY! I'm the first to comment! I was wondering when this BIG news would be blog worthy!! So excited for you! I love the pic and the new blog look! Very cute! Let me know if you want to borrow anything baby!

The McDowells said...

Congratulations! What great news! I love having 3 kids, it is the perfect sized family! And the transition from 2-3 kids to so easy compared from going to 1-2 kids (I bet it will be especially easy for you since you had the first two so close.)

Hope the pregancy continues to go well and that you feel great!

April said...

So happy for you guys. That is the cutest picture! Can't wait to see baby #3.

Anonymous said...

That's exciting Sada! Take care of yourself and looking forward to hearing more about it. Please tell Ben that we said hello!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! Sada, that is wonderful! :)

Michelle said...

Congrats! God does have a funny sense of timing doesn't he?

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Very cute picture!

Summer said...

Finally! This is the post I had been waiting for!

Heather said...

Congrats!! I wondered when I saw you at the dr....but I know the rule--you never ask THAT question!! I'm so happy for you!! Woohoo!

Sara said...

Congrats Sada! Love the pic! Where is the BUMP sign so I can pose there too? Very cute!

Damon and Amy said...

Love the picture...and you guys and your two kids. That means there is plenty more love for Baby #3 :)!! We are so excited for you.

suzspeaks said...

congratulations Sada!

Shannon Richardson said...

Oh my goodness...I just looked at My Baby Boutique for the first time...I linked to it from www.graceviolet.com. I love your products. And when I clicked on your blog, I was amused by the fact that you and I are in the exact same position right now...we, too, were just surprised with the news that #3 is on the way. Although totally unplanned, we know that God is in control and life will be good. I enjoyed reading your blog!

Louise said...

This is strange...but I was about to post the same comment as the previous comment. I linked to you from "grace violet" which I came accross ages ago somehow and noticed we are in the seemingly same situation. I am due October 24 with #3, completely unplanned by us but very planned by God...who I have discovered has a marvelous sense of humor. Congrats! How old are your first two?