Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Summer Travels - Knowles Family Edition

I thought I'd reminisce about our last two summer trips that we took with each side of our family.  First, we went to River Bend Lodge near Turner Falls in southern OK.  It was fun, but SO HOT!  The highlight of the trip for my kiddos was the grasshoppers.  Fortunately, we went equipped with our bug hotel, net, and magnifying glass.  They literally spent hours catching bugs.  We hiked around Turner Falls, took several nature walks to the river's edge near the cabin where we stayed, and fished in the pond on the property.  It was a nice meeting place with Ben's family since his folks live in the Ft. Worth area, but I don't think I want to go back in July.  I've lived in Oklahoma my whole life but had never visited Turner Falls.  I'm glad I can cross it off my list of OK To-Do's; the kids really enjoyed playing in the water.

The Knowles fam (minus me and a stubborn Cianne behind the camera)

This is an Oklahoma beach for you--who needs white sand when you've got nice red dirt?

The beginning of the bug collection: No kidding, she filled two bug hotels that day.  They probably caught 50 or more bugs on our nature walks.

Corben throwing sticks in the river.

I don't know where he got that from...

The big catch

Those blue eyes & curls...she's irresistible!

The cousins at Arbuckle Wildnerness before heading home.  

0 comments: