Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Sort-Of New Friend

We had a great time at An Affair of the Heart OKC. Thanks to all of my customers, old and new, who stopped by to visit & shop. It was a great success, and I look forward to seeing many of you again in Tulsa.

With each show I attend, I'm more and more impressed by the "crafting" community. I've met so many talented and kind people. I wanted to introduce you to my newest artsy friend, Cindy Grubb (www.cindygrubb.com). She's been using her beautiful calligraphy for God's glory for over two decades now. I grew up with Cindy's beautifully printed Scriptures in our home (that my mom probably purchased at a craft show sometime in the '80s). It was such a pleasure to meet her in person and see how her work has continued and evolved. Philippians 4:6-7 was and still is a foundation verse for me, and she helped me commit it to memory and write it on my heart about 15 years before we ever met! Stop by her website or etsy store to see her art for yourself. You can get a glimpse of her angel-like spirit through her work, but trust me--she's even more sweet in person!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Finally! And I am going to enjoy learning about all your new friends - just more people to shop from. Don't tell Andy...

Tonya Tuggle said...

My mom used to get these for and from her friends! I can't believe you met her...thanks for passing on her site.

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Well, you finally did it!! Welcome - I am with Summer. Let us meet all your crafty friends to shop from!! :-)