Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Craft Time

My sister-in-law bought my kids these Build-a-Bear sets some time ago, but when we first opened them up to give it a shot, it was clear that they weren't quite ready for them.  So I hid them away for a while.


The kids found them this weekend and have been begging for days to make their own stuffed animals.  So this morning, we put everything else on hold and worked on a craft together.  The kit has all the materials.  You stitch up the sides of the animal with a plastic needle and embroidery floss (I had to do all of this part).  Then the kiddos stuffed it (I supplemented).  Then you sew up its fuzzy bottom (again, Mom's job).  Then they designed the clothes with iron-ons provided, and I pressed all of the decals in place.  They are so proud!  Here's the finished product--Corben with his monkey & Cianne with her bear.

Cianne's actually making a bear growl for the picture!