Monday, October 5, 2009

Cause for concern?

Two unrelated incidents in the past week have me a little concerned about what might be down the road for my children...

1. Corben has been obsessed with Star Wars for a while now. He wants to be Boba Fett for Halloween, to which many of you would reply, "Who or what in the world is that?" He tends to favor the supporting cast of aliens and robots, and I had to explain that the costume makers simply don't make such costumes for five-year-old little boys. So Boba Fett the bounty hunter satisfied both Corben's supporting cast requirement and my comes-in-a-package requirement for his costume.

That's not the main thing that concerns me though...He got tickets to Star Wars in concert for his birthday, and he informed us last week that he wants to wear his Boba Fett costume to the concert. I'm just wondering if this is a five-year-old phase, and I'm praying that he's not still dressing up as a bounty hunter for various Star Wars events at 25!

2. Yesterday was the coldest and rainiest day yet in OK. After church, Cianne wanted to put on some comfy clothes, so I told her to go pick out some pants and a t-shirt. She came down with her knit tights and this strappy tank top. I told her it was probably too cold to wear that, to which she replied, "No, I want people to see my tattoos." Really? Dressing like a hooch in 50-degree weather so people will see your tats at only three years old?

Should I be concerned??

5 comments:

Summer said...

I hope she's as proud of her tramp stamps when she's 18. I just hope Mia isn't still holding stuffed animals up in the air in church when she's in the youth group. I think that may be social suicide. At least her and Corben can hang together when he's a trekkie (also probably social suicide).

Alyssa said...

The question is...is Ben dressing up when he takes him to the Star Wars event? So Boba Fett? Is he a good guy or a bad guy? Collin was in a Star Wars phase but only liked Darth Vadar. I just wanted him to like the good guys.

vivian said...

I was thinking about taking some of the little people to see the Star Wars show but wondered if there would be freaks there in costumes and did I want them to see it. :)
Jane

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Love the "hooch" comment. Somehow I can just hear you saying that phrase! Made me laugh!

Tonya Tuggle said...

ciannes story is hilarious. it is amazing her mind ALREADY thought of that. just goes to show you women are born with the vanity trait...as if we didn't already know that :)