Monday, October 26, 2009

Was blind but now I see...

Cianne got her first pair of glasses this weekend. She doesn't have to wear them all the time (thankfully!), which is good since she's still pretty hesitant about them. The whole experience was pretty funny.

Dr. Wright and his staff were extremely patient with her. The funniest moment of our two-hour office visit was when she realized her vision was blurry from the dilation and she calls out in the optometrist's office, "I'm blind! Mommy, I'm blind!"

Picking out frames for her tiny face (I've always been a little afraid she's a pin-head, though Dr. Stephens assures me she's not) was another adventure. She preferred the plastic frames because they don't have nose pads, but I was really drawn to those twisty-bendy metal frames since I figure any 3-year-old's going to put them through the ringer. So thanks to Eyemasters' fabulous sale, we have both! Here she is sporting her favorites on the way home...

3 comments:

Summer said...

those are soooo cute!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

HAHA! She cracks me up! I don't think my kids would know to say that! So cute!

Mandy said...

She looks adorable! I had glasses when I was little too!