Monday, June 21, 2010

Air Show


Until this weekend, my kids primarily associated Ben's workplace with flu shots.  Cianne's had no desire to visit Daddy's work since we got our free vaccinations on base earlier this year (another really embarrassing moment as a mom--think lots of screaming in a mostly empty movie theatre).  But Saturday the whole family went to Tinker for the Star Spangled Salute Air Show.  We went for a few hours and got to see a few of the aerial displays, including the awesome Thunderbirds.  The kids loved it!  I cannot describe how hot it was though.  We bumped into our new friend Christy, and she gave us a first-hand tour of her E-6 Navy plane.  We now have a great new set of memories for Daddy's work.  Of course, I got there without my camera (I know...I'm a disgrace to bloggers everywhere), but thanks to the iPhone I did get a few pics of my sweet family.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

We went for a little while too...but only lasted a short amount of time due to heat, hunger and naptime! LOL We did see a few cool things while we were briefly there, and like you said now Karli has some idea of where her dad goes to work every day! :o)

Erin said...

Wow - your iPhone takes better pictures than our regular camera!!

Alyssa said...

Maybe she'll forget about the shots now and only think air show.